Friday, March 15, 2013

The Day After

+JMJ+
Things I did the day after Pope Francis was elected:

  • Visit Santa Croce in Gerusalemme, where there are relics of the Passion of Christ.  Also, the church is built on dirt from Jerusalem.
  • Visit St. John Lateran, where the popes lived for 1,000 years before they moved to St. Peter's
  • Visit the Holy Stairs--the stairs from the palace of Pontius Pilate, which Jesus would have climbed at least twice during His passion
  • Was taken to lunch with my classmates by our program director, who bought us delicious kebabs (the Roman equivalent of a gyro)
  • Was interviewed by EWTN on the roof of a building (you might see me if you watch EWTN at 10pm tonight)
  • Went to Mass at St. Peter's and heard Pope Francis' name in the Eucharistic prayer for the first time ever!  IN ST. PETER'S!
  • Bought a papal paper from the vatican press
I will now go to bed.

(my picture-uploader is still not functional, will be fixed by tomorrow!  It's only my lack of effort to fix it, not a real problem, no worries)

No comments:

Post a Comment