Monday, April 8, 2013

I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!

+JMJ+
Hello!!!  I've missed keeping up with my blog, but now my crazy irregular awesome week is over (aka time with my lovely family) and now I am back in business!
My family, in Assisi
My siblings and I crashed a movie shooting!

Welcome to finals week!  After spending a week galavanting all over the city (and to Florence and Assisi!) with my family, it's time to get back to the books!  I spent all day yesterday and today writing papers and studying.  OH YEAH!

Actually, I didn't spend alllllll day today studying...because it's Divine Mercy Sunday!  When the Church gives us such a gift, we just have to celebrate.  How do I celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday?  Regina Coeli with Pope Francis (the Regina Coeli is like the Easter season version of the Angelus), then Mass at the Divine Mercy church here in Rome, break for gelato with a friend, then back to the Divine Mercy church for an mercy hour at 3pm, during which the super-crowded overflowing church prayed an international Divine Mercy chaplet.  The church was PACKED, all the pews filled, the aisles and side chapels filled, even the steps outside the church were packed with people coming to pray and celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday.  It was powerful for me to see the Church in Rome come out in such great numbers with such great love for Divine Mercy Sunday; they all came, prayed the Regina Coeli with the pope, but then continued the day of prayer after leaving the square.
The Divine Mercy church
Tomorrow, I have many projects due then finals the rest of the week to study for.  It'll be intense, but it'll be good.  Tonight, we had a study party in the dining room.  We were actually VERY productive.  Our productivity may have had something to do with the lack of internet connection in that room, just maybe.  It may also have had something to do with the breaks we took every forty minutes or so to do various crazy things.  Regardless, it turned out to be a very productive and enjoyable evening.  Hurrah!

Tomorrow may also hold an exciting surprise, but we'll see if that works out.  You'll be sure to hear about it soon if it does!  Now it's bed time.  Buona notte!


No comments:

Post a Comment