Thursday, January 24, 2013

Stage 1: Packing

+JMJ+
To blog, or not to blog.  That's the question I've been inconsistently pondering over the past couple months.  The answer I've come to: to try!  I may never post on this blog again, but I'll do my best to somewhat consistently update it.  Enough about my qualms about blogging and onto the reason for the blog!  Basically, I'M LEAVING FOR ROME IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!  I won't have a working phone over there, and I wanted more legitimate means than Facebook to document my adventure, so here it is, the blog!
In case you haven't heard, I will be spending the next three months studying abroad in Rome, the Eternal City, the Heart of the Church!  I still can't believe it!  It's so unbelievable to me that I just started packing yesterday afternoon (which is actually a pretty early start for me, as I tend to operate last minute).  Consequently, I still have quite a bit to accomplish and I should get back to packing soon.  Packing in itself has been an adventure.  Actually, that's a lie.  It's been pretty uneventful.  Packing is one of my least favorite things in the whole wide world.  I'm trying to pack "light," but as the packing progresses, I get the feeling that my idea of packing light may be a little generous...(see pictures).


I'm hoping that by reading this blog, you (whoever you are) will have some fun following me on my adventures in Rome, the Heart of the Church, the city that is the center of Christ's Body here on earth.  I've heard people say that Christ is present in a unique and special way in Rome.  If that's the case, then more than anything else on this trip, I want to be present to Him!

"Let me rise then and go about the city,
through the streets and squares;
Let me seek Him whom my soul loves."
Song of Songs 3:2

Read my blog, and (sort of) join me!!  Ha, that was cheesy.  Hopefully I will also get better at blogging.

1 comment:

  1. i think you have enough kleenex for all of rome to use! hehe.

    love it - so excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete