Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stage 2: Make the Flights!

+JMJ+
(I wrote this post while in the O'Hare airport, but didn't have wifi to post it.  A post from Roma is coming soon!!)

January 25, 2013

I’m at O’Hare airport in Chicago now!  The internet here isn’t free, so I’ll publish this blog the next time I have wifi.  If you’re wondering about how my packing turned out, take a look:
It all fit!!!!!  *fist pump*  All thanks to my professional expert packers (Dad and Mom!), packing was a success!  Somehow, everything fit…well, with the exception of just one pair of shoes.  Oh well, heels probably aren’t the best choice for traipsing around on cobblestone anyway...

I left for the airport with Mom and Dad at 5am this morning, arrived, checked in, had breakfast with my parents, made it through security (without being stopped!), and am now seated at my gate, all on 2 hours of sleep.  BAM, praise God!  In two hours, I will fly from here to Washington, D.C., and from Washington, D.C., to ROMA!!  It’s finally starting to feel real!  I’m going to Rome!

My plan for wasting away my hours sitting in the airport is to unite myself in prayer with those participating in the March for Life in Washington, D.C., today.  This is the first time in five years that I will not been able to participate in the March for Life.  I can’t believe I’ll actually be IN D.C. during the March, but won’t be able to join my brother, roommates, and friends from Ave Maria (see picture below), and thousands of others in giving a visual witness to the sanctity of life, from conception to natural death.  However, I am blessed to be able to pray for all those who are able to participate in the March and all the unborn and elderly whose lives are threatened by abortion and euthanasia.  Blessed Mother, intercede for our most worthy cause!
(AMU friends in DC for the March for Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment