Monday, February 18, 2013

Assisi Pictures

+JMJ+
Here are some of the promised Assisi pictures!  Since I lost my camera in Assisi, I don't have any that I took, but here are a few that one of my classmates captured.  Enjoy!
Ok, so I know I just said these pictures are all from my classmate, but there's one or two that I stole from the internet.  This is one of them.  This is the San Damiano chapel that St. Francis built and where St. Clare and here sisters stayed.  The rectangle to the upper left of the circle window in the middle is special.  Once when the monastery was about to be attacked, St. Clare held up the Eucharist in a monstrance to the approaching enemy, and they ran away, terrified.  That rectangle is the door in which she stood holding the Eucharist!  
There's Assisi!  This was the view from our room where we stayed

Ok, I admit, another stolen picture.  This is the church of Santa Maria degli Angeli.  It was a short walk from the apartment where we stayed and a location where St. Francis lived much of his life and where he died.

View looking out from the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi

Me, when we had almost reached St. Francis' hermitage.  What a hike that was!

A beautiful lookout from the town of Assisi my classmate and I found off the beaten path

Assisi countryside.  Beautiful, peaceful, and refreshing.

Another picture from our mountain hike

The enclosed courtyard in the Basilica of St. Francis.  Can you see the snow?  I had just walked out here when the snow started!  It was so incredibly beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment