Saturday, February 2, 2013

Short and Sweet

+JMJ+
Four short highlights from today in Roma:

1. Normally we don't have classes on Fridays, but today we did.  Monsignor brought everyone french fries from McDonald's.

2. I'm debating on whether or not I should buy a phone while I'm over here.  I don't really want a phone, but I feel like it would be more responsible to have a cheap one, just in case I get run over by a bus or kidnapped or something.

3.  I was planning on going to a Russian Mass tonight (pretty cool, right?).  Well, we got to the church about 15 minutes early.  The four of us that were there thought that the people all looked very Russian indeed.  Then Mass started.  It was in Italian.  We went to the wrong Church!  Ha!  And we thought all the people were Russian!  Ooops...
Not a Russian church...


4.  I lit a candle and prayed at the pillar at which Jesus was scourged.  It was such an intense experience, words truly aren't sufficient.  Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!
The Pillar at which Jesus was scourged (better picture coming soon!)
Bed time!  Yay!  Tomorrow is going to be great!  Check back soon to find out why...Buona notte!

3 comments:

  1. oh! I've been to that church - St. Praxedes/Prassede! When I was at stations of the cross with the Pope my friend and I ran into an American nun who suggested we go there.

    just so you know...i did some research on the pillar because i kind of doubted it was for real after i was there...and most people don't think it's a true relic.

    "Its authenticity is highly doubtful: the marble and work is of too high quality and there is a much more realistic Pillar of the Scourging in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem." Plus from what I've read there's more supposed pieces of the Pillar Jesus was scourged on could have actually existed." http://www.sacred-destinations.com/italy/rome-santa-prassede

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I looked it up this morning too and saw that. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of the true cross relics are like that too - it's good because they inspire devotion anyway, even if it wasn't the actual [insert whatever here] that Jesus touched/used/etc!

    ReplyDelete