Monday, February 25, 2013

I've Got Chills...They're Multiplyin'!

+JMJ+
Today was cold.  Bitter cold.  Bone-chilling cold.  It may have been only 40 degrees or so, but in the Mediterranean, it is wet.  Why did this leave such a deep impression on me?  Because I waited for the bus for two hours today.  It legitimately took me 2-3 hours afterwards to thaw out.  I had gone to run an errand at St. Peter's (ha, you know, just running errands at St. Peter's...yeah this is my life), and then the busses decided not to come.  I was going to go to Mass at 4 on my way back, and it was only 2 when I started waiting, so I wasn't too worried.  Usually I'd be more than fine allowing just an hour.  Not today.  I was praying SO HARD for that bus to come!  It finally did and I made it to Mass JUST as the Gospel was starting.  God is so good!!  I had even read the readings and Gospel in English on the bus to be ready.  Praise be to God!!!

After class in the morning, that was pretty much the extent of my adventuring today.  I stopped at a coffee bar walking from the bus stop back to the villa, hoping that a hot coffee would calm my violent shivering.  Cleaned my room tonight, and heading out early tomorrow for a station Mass at I don't even know which church and then touring the Gallery Borghese!  AND, we'll see if I make it, but I'm tentatively planning on tracking down the church where St. Josemaria is buried tomorrow.  It's unacceptable that I've been here almost a month and haven't found that yet!  I'm coming, Josemaria!!!

Did I mention I'm going to Venice this weekend?  Yep, working on getting ready for that too!  So much going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment